OLDHAM type couplings consist of three parts, consisting of 2 hubs + 1 torque disc.The hubs determine the method of installation and shaft attachment, the discs determine the quality of motion.
The couplings are well suited for transmitting the drive to optoelectronic rotary transducers, for small and medium drives (stepper motors, DC motors and others). Thanks to the insulating properties and the three-part construction that makes assembly easier and the choice of diameters, they are superior to helical and bellows couplings.
The quality of the torque transfer determines the disk (acetate paste). The couplings are mounted with a small gap (0.1mm-0.2mm) between the plastic insert and the clamping rings. For the coupler SOZ25, a nylon insert is available, which provides better vibration, but has a lower durability and stiffness.
Materials and surface finishing
Ring sizes 6, 9 and 13: brass BS2874 CZ121 roughened and fitted.
Rings ranging in size 19 to 57: aluminum alloy 2011T3 I 2011T8 BS 4300 / 5FC1, elaxolated surface.
Mounting screws: improved steel, blackened.
Transfer discs: black acetate insert (type 236) or nylon insert 11 colorless (type 238) (for type SOZ25).
Working temperature range: -20şC to + 60şC.
The claw can, if necessary, reduce the radial offset to +/- ( Dx0.1). However, you must observe the maximum displacement and clearance for the full lifetime of the clutch. The axial adjustment is determined at the time of installation. The electrical insulation of both axles is more than 3 kV
- Material Options: Aluminium, Stainless Steel, Brass
- Speeds: Up to 3000 rpm
- Peak Torque Largest Size lbs.-in (Nm): 389 (44)
- Standard Bores in. (mm): 1/8" -1 (2 to 30)
- Temperature: -20° to +140°F , (-20° to +60°C)
- Electrically Isolating: Yes
- Connection: Clamp or Set Screw
- Allow disc replacement without disturbing shaft alignment
- Backlash-free up to 108 turns
- Can tolerate large misalignments
- Slight damping characteristics
- Flex-free mechanical action - non-progressive bearing loads
- Non-magnetic (with special screws)
- Electrically isolating
- Low inertia